Monday, January 5, 2009

Impressions of a First Day

I'm here!

My first day at my new job at TinQwise. And it's weird! It's familiar and strange, exhausting and tiring, exciting and scary all at once. Nothing different is to be expected of course - you have to be realistic about these things. I'm sitting here behind a different desk, on a not so comfortable chair (I miss my Herman Miller!), in a new building with a different view, strange smells, different temperature and not to forget: different people!

Over the last couple of months I have come to meet many of them during my infrequent visits. But now they're my colleagues. Now I will see them 5 days a week, now I am going to work with them - now everything is for real.

It's strange to experience how small things make such a huge difference. A small office with one other guy now, instead of a wide open space. Music on in people's offices. A constant stream of chatter and laughter drifting down the hall. Everbody lunching together! They are all small things, but all together they make it so clear: I'm here now.

Starting anew.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Marcella said...

Hope you'll be heaving a fabulous time there. Change of environment is exciting! Try to enjoy it as much as you can!

xm