Thursday, August 2, 2007

After the jump

Sorry guys!

I should have known that you were all worried stiff about me and my skydive, but I can assure you all: everything is perfectly fine! I just had no inet time left to post a message here! I used my time to upload the pictures from my skydive, so that's why.

But you are all dying to know how it was of course! Well in one word: AWESOME!!!! It was such an amazing experience! Totally crazy, totally cool, totally exhilirating and adrenaline-rushing! I have a dvd of the thing, so when I am back, Ill show it to you all and you can all laugh at the distorted faces I am making and my yelling and screaming :)

I was the first to jump and because of that I got to sit right next to the opening through which we were to jump out. When the plane took off I had a fantastic view over all of Cairns, the rainforest and the reef, so that was a good appetizer before the jump itself (be it somewhat scary: being pressed against a thin layer of rambling perspex and nothing else to safeguard you from falling out) When the perspex door was rolled up, I had to sit on the edge of the opening and 2 seconds later I was falling. And falling, and falling, and screaming and yelling. It was so cool. After what felt like an instant and an eternity at the same time, the instructor pulled the parachute open and with a big jerk we came to a hold. Able to appreciate the surroundings and I could even have a go with the steering of the parachute. And then suddenly the ground came up to us real fast and we were landing! A smooth bump and that was it! Back on solid ground.

And one hell of an experience richer! People, if you ever get the chance, do it!

No comments: