Friday, July 20, 2007

Cairns! Diving and don't forget: Birthday!

We made it!

We are in the diving capital of Australia. After another 'lovely' bus trip of 10 hours we stumbled out of the bus at 6:45am. I guess Greyhound is under the impression that you should enjoy your birthday for as long as possible! Yeah that's right, today I am turning 23. No longer the double 2's for me! Fortunately after a good hot shower and shave, I can safely say that I have lost none of my charm and good looks ;)

To celebrate Job and me went to the new Harry Potter movie this morning (which was in part also due to the fact that we couldnt check in until 1pm at the hostel so we had hours and hours to kill!) After seeing it, I can't wait for the final book which starts sale tomorrow! I am pretty sure that when I get it, I will be cut off from the world for 2 days just to read and read!

Also, today as the big present to myself (thanks Mom and Dad :) I have booked my diving trip! AAAHH!! I am sssoo looking forward to that. It is a very hefty blow to my budget but I am sure it will be all worth it, I went with the most accredited company and will be doing 11 dives, 6 training and 5 "pleasure" dives! Fishies, turtles, mantas and sharks, here I come!

But this Monday, Job will already be going home! Time really flies! We have seen and done so much, at the moment I am uploading all the photos to Flickr and seeing them again makes me go: "Oh yeah! We did that as well" and "Indeed! That was so much fun!" and "Oehh, the whales! Awesome!" I think I speak for both of us when I say that it has been really great. We were quite a team actually :D I thoroughly enjoyed it and the bond between us has definitely deepened, which is a really good feeling.

So from next week I will be all on my own again until Astrid gets here! I will keep you all posted!

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Happy 23rd Birthday Mr =))

Stay charming n cheeky ;-)

Kworb said...

Happy birthday!! :D

Awesome pics! And so many!