Sunday, June 10, 2007

Your reputation preceeds you, Mr. van den Akker.

I'm in demand.

Not only with the boys (and the girls as Aki keeps pointing out to me) but apparently also for jobs! Since I will be graduated when I get home (hopefully) it will also be time to step out of uni life and into the real world where Arbeit spass macht!

So to make a good start I made an online cv on monsterboard.nl where everyone with a little computer knowledge posts his cv. Just to scan what kind of jobs are available, what it pays, where they are located and if they give me the idea: "He, this could actually be nice!" I found many jobs in London and the rest of England which matched my profile, in Nederland a couple, but no so many. After browsing these jobs I didn't give it much thought, until two days ago I suddenly received an email from a company in Rotterdam. They wanted to know if I was interested in talking about a possible position as eLearning Project Consultant (How cool does that sound! ;) within their company. The job description was vague, but looking at what they do with elearning I think it could suit me. I think it will involve a lot of different clients and projects all over Nederland, maybe even international - if that is the case I will say YES immediately.

So just a few days after I get back I will be having a job interview with them and who knows! I guess fate is telling me that it is time to come home.

2 comments:

Knight said...

Wow! That's hot whahaha .. must have been a very impressive CV!

International = traveling = meeting people = Mr Right =P

As much as I hate to say, guess your calling is to work in NL then, not Aus ..

Kworb said...

That does sound cool, although a bit vague. eLearning Project Consultant? You're gonna research the merits of online courses or something? :P