Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Capoeira!

Yes, I went to capoeira tonight!

And it was great fun! I have bleeding blisters on my big toes, but it was cool! A lot of moves were fired upon us and of course I made a big mess of it all, but at the end of the lesson I felt that I could at least grasp the essence of what I was supposed to do. I even stepped in to the ring or "roda" to do a sparring session with the teacher.

I showed my double kick, but I don't think the crowd was very impressed ;) Some of the people are so good, they make enormous jumps and mid-air somersaults! Oh well, practice makes perfect. At least my cartwheel is already good, that's a good start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all in the blood... Está na sangue... Het bloed kruipt...

Astrid said...

Haha, we zijn echt avontuurlijk bezig zeg! En beschadigd raken in het proces ;) Maar echt cool zeg, heb je ook foto's? En idd, aan je radslag hoef je niks meer te doen na al die jaren van oefening ;) It pays off baby!